Friday, April 18, 2008

One Final Road Trip Thought

Remember Oregon Trail? Of course you do. All those hours spent in your sixth grade computer class, watching your characters rapidly die of fever, starvation, drowning, etc., etc. At any rate, as I got into Idaho and Oregon, I began to see signs for the actual Oregon Trail, which I was loosely following for a while. If I squinted, the white 18-wheelers looked vaguely reminiscent of Conestoga wagons, and I began to expect that little black box to pop up in front of me informing me that I had lost a wheel, fallen into a river, had all my food stolen, or any of the other myriad things that could befall one. (On the other hand, I never made it nearly that far when I played Oregon Trail, so it was a particularly new experience.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home